Specialty Doctors in Emergency Medicine wanted for British leading teaching hospital
Produs publicat de: HEKA RECRUITMENT -- Bucuresti (Bucuresti), telefon: 0742376839
One of the largest and highest performing NHS Foundation trusts in the North West of England is looking for Doctors with experience in Emergency Medicine. It provides a full range of general hospital services to 390,000 people, and aims to deliver excellent and compassionate care that meets the individual needs of their patients. Creating a positive working environment, where staff feel valued, supported and empowered, enables the Trust to achieve this aim for every patient, every time.
Benefits & Remuneration
This Trust values extremely its Specialty Doctors and in a first of its kind in the UK, has agreed and committed to provide all Specialty doctors joining the trust and those already working, a personal career progression pathway with support to become autonomous practitioners if they aspire to do so.
The NHS Trust is offering a Retention Premia of £8,000 with this post. There will be £4,000 payable on starting in post and £4,000 following 6 months’ service. A relocation package of up to £8,000 is also available to any doctor relocating to take up the post.
Salary: £37,817 – £69,325 gross per year (dependent on grade and level of experience).
Duties & Requirements
Duties will include all those duties normally expected of a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine in the UK. The majority of the appointee’s time will be spent on clinical duties, however, an integral part of the post will be the supervision and teaching of training grade doctors on the shopfloor.
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- MBBS or equivalent (primary medical degree as recognised by the GMC)
- Life Support courses: ALS and at least one of ATLS, APLS (or equivalent)
Experience and skills:
- 4 years of postgraduate medical experience/ training of which at least 12 months must be in Emergency Medicine (at least 6 months of this should be in the UK in a training or middle grade post at CT3 level or above)
- Ability to initiate appropriate initial management in common emergencies and to apply sound clinical knowledge and judgement.
- Must not have been out of clinical practice for longer than 2 years.
- Previous involvement and understanding of audit
- Evidence of interest and participation in teaching. The ability to train and supervise junior medical staff and medical students
- Ability to lead when appropriate
- Good IT skills
If you would like to discuss these and other exciting opportunities without any obligation or have a friend or colleague with experience in Emergency Medicine who you feel may be interested, please get in touch with one of our specialist consultants who will be pleased to advise and support you.